In 1971 Bangladesh got its independence before it was a part of Pakistan known as East Pakistan. The national language of Bangladesh is Bengali, and its capital is Dhaka. The population of Bangladesh is about 165 million. In Bangladesh, most people follow Islam, and some other people follow Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity. The total area of the country is 147,570 km². Bangladesh has its currency called as taka.
- About Bangladesh
- Why MBBS in Bangladesh?
- University grades for MBBS in Bangladesh
- The scenario of MBBS for Indian Students in Bangladesh
- Scholarships for Indian students in Bangladesh
- Medical Syllabus in Bangladesh
- Top rank Medical colleges in Bangladesh and fee structure
- Admission process for MBBS in Bangladesh
- MBBS admission in Bangladesh
Bangladesh is making the world amaze by making a name up in the list of world trade. The people of Bangladesh are very confident in making their country one of the excellent place globes to visit.
The country has a massive market for IT, freelancers. Bangladesh had been facing a crisis because it has never been in an online business list. The freedom score of Bangladesh is 55.6 121st freest in the 2019 index. Bangladesh is ranked 27th among the Asia Pacific region.
The income tax rate in Bangladesh is 25 percent. 45 % of corporate tax is taken. Its GDP is 32 to 33 percent.
The system of education in Bangladesh is the same, followed by the British Rule. It consists of three education level system, Primary, Secondary, and Higher Education. The school system is quite good and adequately managed, even in rural areas. Many colleges are under the management of the University of Dhaka. Many medical colleges are providing medical education with a hospital attached to it. There are many vocational training centers in the country where the training is given in the area of arts, economics, social welfare, and agriculture.
- Religion and language
Bengali is the official language of Bangladesh, about 98% of people know Bengali as their first language. Its origin is from Sanskrit, but it has its script. The people of Bangladesh can also speak Urdu and English. Islam is the religion that is followed by the majority of the population. There are two main festivals in Bangladesh religiously, Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Azha.
Why MBBS in Bangladesh?
Studying MBBS in Bangladesh is a reasonable opinion for two reasons, the standard of education and its low fee structure. Many students from different countries, including Nepal, India, Srilanka, Malaysia, Australia, Philippine, Palestine, Maldives, and Bhutan, are studying MBBS in Bangladesh. After India, Bangladesh is the second-best option for studying Medicine.
The number of international students studying in Bangladesh is increasing yearly.
Following are the reasons why students should study MBBS in Bangladesh
- The medical degree from Bangladesh is accepted in most countries and verified by WHO & UNESCO.
- Students can get admission quickly because no entry test is required
- Bangladesh medical universities don’t take any donation from students
- The graduates from Bangladesh medical university can get a job in any best hospital or any multinational company.
- The medical institute emphasizes students to perform practicals and experiments to increase their skills.
- The infrastructure and environment of hospitals are quite high.
University grades for MBBS in Bangladesh
The following is the eligibility criteria for students to get admission in Bangladesh medical colleges
- Minimum GPA in HSC or equivalent exam should be 3.5 or 60 percent
- Minimum GPA in SSC or equivalent exam should be 3.5
- Minimum GPA in the subject of Biology should be 3.5 or 60 percent
- Minimum aggregate GPA in HSC or SSC should be 6.00 (Eight)
- The student applying for MBBS must qualify NEET. Minimum passing marks are 50th Percentile, SC/ST/OBC – 40th Percentile for Undergraduates.
The scenario of MBBS for Indian Students in Bangladesh
The following are the advantages of studying MBBS in Bangladesh:
- Under MCI act 1956, its states that MCI allows Indian students to study MBBS abroad
- There are many medical colleges in Bangladesh which are approved by WHO and registered by MCI
- It costs a low fee for Indian students in Private Medical Universities, and also there is SAARC quota available in Government universities.
- After graduation, doctors can quickly get a job in India by registering him/her in MCI by giving screening test
- The social and culture of Bangladesh is close relative to India, and its also close to India, climate, and environment are also the same there.
- The medical study is taught in the English Language, and no language program is required
Scholarships for Indian students in Bangladesh
International students are attracted to study MBBS in Bangladesh because the Government Medical colleges have allocated 75 seats for international students, and the Private Colleges give 25% of seats to students from MBBS in abroad, creating more chances for Indian students.
If you are a student of SAARC, then the tuition fee is not required, and just living expenses are to be paid.
Medical Syllabus in Bangladesh
The duration of the MBBS degree is five years, and the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council compulsorily make a one-year internship. The academic year starts in January or as per Government rules.
Bangladesh’s medical syllabus is entirely relative to India and Nepal, followed by MCI standards. The medical course is divided into four phases. The duration of the first phase is 0.5 years, and the subjects are Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry.
The second phase takes one year, and subjects are Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine.
The third phase also takes one year, and subjects offered are Pharmacology & Therapeutics Pathology Microbiology.
The final phase is of 1.5 years, and the subjects are Medicine & Allied subjects, Surgery & Allied subjects, Obstetrics, and Gynecology. It is also known as the Professional Phase.
Top rank Medical colleges in Bangladesh and fee structure
The following are the top Medical Universities in Bangladesh:
- Dhaka Medical College
- Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College
- Sir Salimullah Medical College
- Mymensingh Medical College
- Chittagong Medical College
- Rajshahi Medical College
- MAG Osmani Medical College
- Sher-E-Bangla Medical College
- Comilla Medical College
- Khulna Medical College
- Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College
- Rangpur Medical College,
- Dinajpur Medical College
- Faridpur Medical College
- Pabna Medical College
- Armed Forces Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Noakhali Medical College
The fee structure for five years MBBS program and hostel accommodation costs US$45000 AC Hostel 130 per Month.
Admission process for MBBS in Bangladesh
The documents required to get admission in MBBS for international students in Bangladesh are:
- Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Character Certificate from the last institute
- Color Photographs
Mark sheet Equivalence Certificate costs the charges of $60.
MBBS admission in Bangladesh
Students who want to study MBBS/BDS in Bangladesh must apply in September to November or as per DGHS rules.
The interested candidate must get their SSC/HSSC or other equivalent examination certificates attested by the Ministry of Education and the concerned Ministry of Foreign affairs. Then they should apply through the Embassy of Bangladesh by submitting their applications.