|Brief||Location & Weather||Scholarship||Food|
|The Tbilisi Open Teaching University (TOU) is a Georgian Semi-Private research university located in Tbilisi. Tbilisi Open Teaching University was established in 2002. In 2013 GAU has been granted 5-year accreditation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.||Located in the Tbilisi City.|
Lowest temperature in January approx. -2°C
Highest temperature in May approx. 31°C
|No Scholarship||Nutritious and hygienically prepared food available in the college. All vegetables available in India are also available in Georgia.|
Students can cook the food themselves; some of college/university have Indian vegetarian mess for details please contact PIEC office.
|Medium of Instruction||Eligibility||Degree||Dormitory|
|English. This is for facilitating effective interaction during clinical period and comfortable stay.|
|Degree Conferred as MD (Physician)|
Duration: 6 years studies including 1 year Internship. After the 6 years course, a 1-year internship may be done in the home country (India) or as per the home country government rules and regulations.
|Spacious and comfortable dormitories provided on a Twin/Three/Four Sharing or single dorm room, A/C, Internet & Attached Bath, etc. Separate rooms/dormitory for boys and girls. Shops are located inside and outside the campus making it very convenient for students.|
Brief introduction about the university
The Tbilisi Open Teaching University (TOU) is a Georgian Semi-Private research university located in Tbilisi. Tbilisi Open Teaching University was established in 2002. In 2013 GAU has been granted 5-year accreditation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. Tbilisi Open Teaching University (TOU) is one of the best medical colleges to study MD programme in Georgia. TOU strives to ensure implementation of international education standards in teaching and research and to build the notable educational center in Georgia. TOU offer excellent educational and research environment by modern academic programs, highly qualified professors and best infrastructure.
Established in 1995, Euroregional Teaching University is a private higher education institution located in the medium-sized town of Gori (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), Shida Kartli. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Tbilisi. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement, Euroregional Teaching University (ERSU) is a coeducational higher education institution. Euroregional Teaching University (ERSU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details.
Discipline and Programs
The Medical Doctor’s Program of the Tbilisi Open Teaching University was granted accreditation by Resolution No.- 156 of Educational Program credition Board, dated 5 November 2013. MD Program of the university is based on ECTS System. Total number of credits are 360 in this ECTS which will be completed in 5 years. Language of teaching technique is English. TOU is approved by the Medical Council of India for Indian students to study MBBS in Georgia. It is also listed by WHO and FAIMER in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
Academic Facilities and Scientific Research
- There are following faculties at the University- Healthcare Sciences, Law, Business and Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences. Tbilisi Open Teaching University runs 18 Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degree programs both in Georgian and English languages in the following fields- Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Law, Architecture, Education Management, International Relations and Health Care Services.
- The present teaching and research process involve 544 Professors, 155 Researchers and 587 visiting professors.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University is listed in WHO and recognised globally.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University is listed in Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The students studying in this university can avail the benefits of students exchange program of USA, Europe, Canada, Australia or Transfer themselves to any USA Medical Colleges after evaluating their current credentials, at any authorized evaluator organization.
- GAU is listed in FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research). Please refer faimer.org
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO CAREFULLY GO THROUGH THE RELEVANT BELOW POINTS:
1. fill your information In PIEC Admission form .
2. Please ready a soft copy of Candidate Latest passport size photo and signature in jpeg format.
3. Please ready a Soft Copy of Passport (First & Last Page)
4. Please ready a soft copy of 10th,11th,12th and Under graduate (if have) certificates.
5. Please ready a soft copy of Leaving Certificate.
Click here to apply now
WHAT STUDENT SAY ABOUT PIEC
Pulse International Education Consultancy